Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Mallory's First Day of School


Mallory's first day of school was August 17th.  (yeah, that was 2 months ago .. I have some serious "catch up" to do)


She started a "Pre-K" class that is through the school district up here (which means it's free!  Halla!) and she LOVES it.  She gets to go to school with these two friends every day (Taylor and Ashley).


I can't believe how much she has grown up in the last few months.  She isn't as shy and quiet as she used to be.  School has definitely helped her come out of her shell. 


She was SO ready to get in that classroom.  The teachers let all the parents/siblings onto the playground the first day and the kids were all allowed to play for 20 mins before class (to help ease the transition I guess).  Mallory came up to me and asked, "Is it time to go in the classroom yet?!"  I knew she was going to be just fine. 


Last little wave.  I was VERY proud of myself that I didn't cry.  Mallory made it easy on me.  She was just too excited that I couldn't be sad.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I really appreciate your efforts and I am waiting for
    your next write ups thank you once again.

    Stop by my web site: learn more

    ReplyDelete