Saturday, September 7, 2013

Mallory - Big First Grader

 
The First Day of School for Mallory was on August 20th.  I can't believe my baby is in First Grade!

 
She was very excited to start school this year.  She loved back to school shopping - getting new shoes and her back pack and everything to get ready for school.

 
I feel like she has grown up so much in the last few months.  6 Months ago, she absolutely refused to put her face underwater and claimed she was "never going to get baptized" because she would have to go underwater to do so.  Now, she is jumping into the deep end of our pool and diving for stuff at the very bottom!
 
She is also reading so well now.  She picks up books and sounds out all the words and is really doing a great job.
 
Her front teeth are finally starting to come down.  She doesn't have as many gaping holes in her mouth as she did even a month ago.


 
Right before school started, Mallory told me she wanted to get her hair cut.  I jumped at the opportunity.  I have been wanting to chop it all off for quite a while now.  (Wesley, on the other hand .. well, let's just say we didn't tell him about it before her appointment.  He loves long hair .. he wasn't too happy about her new do.)
 
 
 
 
These pictures are just from my phone, but you can see how long her hair had gotten.  It was ridiculous.  She looks SO grown up with her short hair.  I love it.
 
 
 
I have a whole other post to do about Mallory's teacher this year.
 
Also, Avery's 10 month post is coming too!

Stay Tuned!
 
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. She looks so big!

    I love your pictures and the short commentaries you add. Your posts are always fun to see!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. What is happening to our lives?! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete