Saturday, January 4, 2014

Mallory's 7th Birthday


 
My poor Mallory had a her birthday fall 2 days before Thanksgiving this year.  Since I hosted Thanksgiving for my family and friends .. Mallory's birthday got totally forgotten about.


 
She kept telling me about her party she wanted to have - she had the theme and colors all picked out, friends who were going to be invited, dessert that was going to be had.  She planned it all out .. and I vetoed it all.



I felt bad crushing all her hopes and dreams, but I knew I couldn't plan and execute a big party AND host Thanksgiving.  It just wasn't going to happen.


Luckily for me, Mallory is SUPER easy going and was happy to have her favorite dinner (fettuccine chicken alfredo with broccoli) and an angel food cake with strawberries and whipped cream for dessert.


We invited our neighbors, the Appel's, to come for dinner and then had the Crabtree Family over for dessert and presents.


Mallory loved it.

 
I can't believe my baby is seven years old!  She has grown up so fast and I just couldn't ask for a better daughter.  She is sweet, kind and so caring and thoughtful.  She is always thinking of others and their feelings.  She is SUPER positive all the time .. so much so that I started calling her Pollyanna.  There is a ray of sunshine to every situation and Mallory is always the one to find it.
 
Happy Happy Birthday Mallory!! 


1 comment: