Thursday, February 9, 2012

Lady Bugs

Yesterday (Wednesday) Bella fell asleep on the couch.  I knew when she woke up yesterday morning that it was going to be a "nap day".  She wasn't her cheerful, bubbly self.  Once Mallory was off to school, Grayson went down for a nap and about an hour later, Zach and Bella drifted off as well.  It was a wonderfully quiet afternoon.


When Grayson woke up, he was all smiles (as usual).  I tried to get him to smile for the camera, but he was too interested in trying to eat it.



All the kids got baths last night - I tried to do boys one night and girls the next night, but everyone needed one last night.  Grayson was already in the tub, out and in bed when I took this picture.


Mallory and Bella in their matching jammies.


Last night, after the kids had all been asleep for about an hour, I heard some rustling in Mallory's room.  I went in and found Bella trying to get comfortable again in her bed.  She had woken up and was all nice and sweaty from her flannel sheets and flannel jammies.  I got her all readjusted and cooled down and then as I was walking out she broke down and cried, "I really miss my mommy!"  She buried her face in her pillow and cried and cried for a minute.  I layed down next to her and tried to soothe her.  I told her she only had 4 more sleeps till we got to see mommy and daddy again and then I told her how they were on a boat in the ocean having some time just for them, and how mommys and daddys need time to be alone sometimes, but that they missed her SO much too and they couldn't wait to see her soon.  Then she asked, "What if they don't get off the boat?  What if they stay there forever and forget to come get me!?"  We talked for a while about how they would never forget her and how it's been so much fun to have her play at our house this week.  We talked for a while about all kinds of different things ... to distract her.  I told her that we could go to Target and get her Valentine's for her friends at school the next day and we could buy her a toy or a treat.  She just smiled her big Bella smile and said, "Okay!  You can get me a toy!"  Love that girl.


This morning, while Grayson slept, we searched for Lady Bugs in the front yard.




Bella is so sweet with them.

Zach just tried to squish them.


Love these kids.

1 comment: