Monday, February 6, 2012

Full House

This week, I have 4 kids.

I am babysitting my friend, Holly's, two little kids - Isabella (3 1/2) and Grayson (10 mo).  Our kids are all 18 months apart.  4 kids under 5, is .. busy. 

I am going to try and blog this week (and post pictures) of all the things we've had going on, so Holly and Frank can see it when they get home.  I kinda envy those with an iphone - cause then I'd be able to do instagram pictures and post them and make this whole process SO much easier.  Wesley .. hint hint!

This post is really just for Holly and Frank. 

Yesterday (sunday) was the first full day of having the kids here.  Our church starts at 10:30, which is right in the middle of Grayson's nap.  I was stressing all morning about it.  "Should I put him down early and wake him up for church?  Should I bring an infant carrier for him to sleep in?  Should I just go to Sacrament Meeting and then come home with him and Zach and have them both nap in their beds?"  We got to church, sat down, and Grayson fell asleep in my arms after the sacrament.  Could I be more blessed?  The kids sat quietly and colored and ate their weight in gold fish crackers.  Grayson stayed asleep through almost all of second hour and then was an angel through 3rd hour.  Of course, all the Young Women I get to be with in 3rd hour just adored him and wanted to hold him.  It was so fun. 

Bella went to Mallory's class and had a great time.  Mallory told everyone that Bella was her cousin.  After church, we all had lunch and naps.  Mallory and Grayson wouldn't sleep, but Zach slept for 2 hours and we ended up waking Bella up after 5pm so she would go to sleep that night.

Bella is one smart girl and says the funniest things.  She has an incredible imagination and makes up stories and plays with her toys as if they are real.  It is so entertaining to watch her.  Sunday morning, I made eggs and toast for the kids to eat and I put their breakfast on paper plates.  The plates have red and blue circles on them.  Mallory said, "Mom!  Someone drew on my plate!" and then Bella told her, "No, that's just how they are designed."  Then Mallory said, "Designed? Huh?"

Since Grayson didn't want to take an afternoon nap, I put him to bed a little before 6:30 and he slept until 4am, had a bottle, and went back to sleep till 8am.  Can I say Dream Baby?  He is always happy, crawling around all over the house, playing with anything he finds.  I never hear him make a peep unless he's hungry or tired. 

This morning (Monday) Bella woke up at 6am to use the bathroom, and then went back to sleep.  Then, when she saw that the sun was up, she decided to wake up Mallory.  Mallory did not like that very much.  She doesn't like being woken up.  We'll have to black out the window some how tonight so we can try and get Bella to sleep longer.

We've been playing "Musical Beds" the past 3 days.  Holly and Frank slept in Mallory's room on Saturday night.  Grayson was in there with his pack n' play.  Bella and Mallory slept in Zach's room with an air matress and Zach's toddler bed.  Zach slept in our room in our bed.  Sunday, I moved Grayson's pack n' play into my closet for a nap .. that he never took.  Mallory and Bella were in Mallory's room (with her trundle bed).  Zach was back in his room in his bed.  Then Sunday night I moved Zach onto a air matress into my room, Grayson in his pack n' play back in Zach's room.  Then today, I moved the pack n' play back into my closet for Grayson to nap, while Zach was playing trains in his room.  I might have Grayson stay in the closet and have Zach stay in his room tonight. But .. who knows.

After I took Mallory and her friend, Ashley, to school this morning I thought, "I need a doughnut."  I never like doughnuts in the morning.  I love them as a dessert after dinner.  We went through the drive thru at Krispy Kremes and got a dozen of their hot and ready original glazed.  Delish.  As we were going to get on the freeway, a newer convertible mustang sped by and Zach said, "Look Mommy!  That's a fast car!"  Then Bella said, "That's cause it's a convertible.  Convertible's go fast.  When it's cold, they keep the top on and when it's warm, they can open it up and go really fast."  I asked Bella how she knew what a convertible was and she said, "My dad told me."

This is going to be a fun week!

4 comments:

  1. What and absolute wonderful blog!

    We are in for so much laughter and wanting more stories than once a day.

    ;.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are an incredible friend! She is going to owe you big time! It's fun to read about them, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hola!
    Thanks for posting these! Of course when you said you had put them up we had to check. Love them and miss them tons!! Love you!!!! You are the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously, you are awesome....! What a fun week, and desperately needed by Frank & Holly!!!

    ReplyDelete