Wednesday, October 16, 2013

The Life

 
I've said it before and I'll say it again, "This. Is. The Life." 

 
I am pretty spoiled.  I have the opportunity to stay at home with my kids while I watch them grow.

 
They teach me a lot of things.

 
They teach me patience.  They teach me how to laugh.
 
They teach me what is most important in life.
 
Family. Love. Kindness.

 
To a Toddler, sometimes it's more important to sit outside and eat ice and play with rocks and figure out how to climb up and down steps and in and out of doorways than it is to run errands or clean the house.

 
These kids teach me that it is much more important to explore and listen to the birds chirp and feel the sun on your face than it is to check Facebook or Pin something that I'll most likely NEVER make or have or do on Pinterest.

 
They teach me how to love.

 
They teach me how to laugh out loud at silly faces and at jokes that don't make ANY sense.

 
They teach me how to dance in the living room without a care in the world.

 
Because of these kids, I have a tiny idea of how much we are loved by our Heavenly Father.

 
My heart aches for them as they grow up in this cruel world that if full of hate and lies and deceit.  It scares me, letting them walk out my front door every morning, not being able to protect them from mean words, hurtful ideas, and evil influences.

 
They are God's children.  He has sent them to me to love and to care for.

 
Some days I take that for granted.  I get tired and irritable.  I say things out loud that I should have kept in my head.  I loose my patience too quickly and I forget to be sweet and loving and kind.

 
And then, some mornings, I remember.
 
I remember to sit outside and listen to the birds, feel the sun on my face ...

 
and just follow this cute heart bumb around my backyard.  Enjoying every single moment and exploring the beautiful creations that we have been given.

 
Sometimes I remember ... This. Is. The Life.
 
 
 
 
 
P.S.  A Heart Bumb is sometimes cutest when it is asleep.  Love this girl!
 
 

7 comments:

  1. Thank you Avery for reminding me of how much my Heavenly Father loves me to give me wonderful children who give me extra wonderful grandbabies.

    He loves each of us and wants us to remember as a child does to listen to the birds and feel the sun on our face. You and your cousins remind us everyday how much he loves us and wants us to love each other.

    love you for eternity xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this, Stefanie! What a beautiful reminder! I needed that! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! Love you! Thanks for the reminder....you are such a wonderful mommy/wife/woman! I love you to death. Those babies are so lucky to have a mommy who knows. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen to all of it...all the way to the heart bummie! We've had a few things happen in recent weeks that have really made it clear what is important in life...good reminders for sure. It's easy to get wrapped up in the "busy-ness" of life and family and forget to sit back and really enjoy the journey. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such an adorable girl to remind us all of what is important! Keep being that mom who enjoys every step.

    ReplyDelete