Monday, July 30, 2012

Girls Camp

I had the opportunity to go to Girls Camp in the middle of June.  It was a blast.  It's a week of fun up in the mountains.  The girls from our ward are beyond amazing and I loved having the opportunity to get to know them even better. 
Here's a picture of all the girls that were in our yurt (before 4th levels came back from their hike).  We had 5 non-members with us and they all had a great time. 

I was 21 weeks pregnant at Camp and I was REALLY worried about how I would handle the altitude, heat, hiking, and the air mattress to sleep on.  To say I was blessed that week is an understatement.  The weather was perfect and cool, so I never got swollen or too hot.  The altitude didn't bother me at all.  I slept great all week and felt like I had a ton of energy to hike around from upper to lower camp and everywhere in between.  It was an awesome week!


Our theme for all of camp was "Happily Ever After" and our fairy tale for our ward was Beauty and the Beast.  We all had these "Beauties" t-shirts and mine said "Beauties and the BEAST" on it.  So fun.

Some of us waiting for 4th Levels to get back from their hike.

Me and Sarah - one of my YCL 17's.

Me and Taylor (one of my YCL 16's)

Our entire ward - including Stake Leaders.

Me and ALL my girls.  Such a fun group!

Melanie and I discovered we had the same Pajama Pants one morning.  Twinners!  She was my only 1st Level during the week.  We had a great time with her.

Alina and Megan

Karina Snow (my AMAZING Camp Director) and Danielle Adamson (my INCREDIBLE 2nd Councelor).  They made the week SO easy and care free.  We had a LOT of laughs and such a great time.  I am sad that I won't be able to go up all week next year. (since I'll have an 8 month old) I'm SO SOO glad I got to go this year.  Good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment