Sunday, November 11, 2012

Part 2: Someone is missing

Before my sister, Sondra, would get pregnant with another child, she would always say she felt like someone was missing in her family.

I was a young newlywed, with no thought of having children in the near future.  I thought that that was the strangest statement.  How could you feel like someone was missing?

It wasn't until I had children of my own that I came to understand the feeling of someone missing.  The feeling that your family here on earth was incomplete. 

In August of last year, with no thought of having more kids, I was getting ready for the day.  I was putting on my make-up and I had this overwhelming feeling that there was a little girl that was supposed to come to our family.  I could literally feel her around me.  I started to cry and I spoke outloud and I said, "Okay.  I know.  I know."

As amazing as that experience was, I was still scared to get pregnant again.  My track record isn't the best.  I had two amazing, healthy, beautiful children out of five pregnancies.  Should we really try again?  How could I deny a child from coming to our family?  In October, I decided to stop taking the pill.  November, December and January went by.  I still wasn't pregnant.

Then February came.  I found out I was pregnant towards the end of the month.  I prayed that everything would turn out alright.  I felt peace.  I felt calm.  I knew she would come and everything would be okay.

3 comments:

  1. Love this! Good thing we dropped our 2 kids off at your house in February to let you experience the fun of a full house! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny how things work out exactly as they're supposed to, isn't it??? She's gorgeous...and I'm so glad you're telling the "whole" story, not just the birth. Little Avery will read this someday and know just how loved and just how wanted she really was! Love yoU!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so awesome!! She is BEAUTIFUL and I am so happy for you guys! Next time we go up to Tahoe, we need to stop by and say hi!!!

    ReplyDelete