Monday, November 12, 2012

Part 3: "Boring Pregnancies"

During Zachary's pregnancy, I was labeled as having "boring pregnancies".  I was told that I could go and see a midwife through my pregnancy .. so I did.  I had great experiences with the midwives at Kaiser in Fremont, so when Wesley's company switched to Kaiser in January of this year, I knew I would see a midwife here at the Roseville Clinic.

I  met my midwife at my 8 week appointment.  Her name was Judith Nichols and she was touchy/feely, and a total "tree hugger".  I loved her right away. 

I held my breath through the first ultrasound.  I was still worried that something was going to be wrong .. no baby .. no heartbeat .. all kinds of things were running through my head.  I held Wesley's hand as we starred at the screen together.  And then, there it was.  There she was.  My baby.  A little peanut of a baby, but a baby, with a strong heartbeat and everything looked great.  I was measuring 8 weeks and my due date looked to be October 29th.  My Mom's Birthday!  I couldn't stop smiling.

3 weeks later, I was scheduled for a regular OB/GYN appointment/check up.  I was 11 weeks along and feeling great.  After the 8 week mark, I felt like a new person - no nauseousness, more energy, no complaints.  My midwife got out that little heartbeat monitor and she moved it around and around my belly in search of something .. anything.  She found nothing.  I tried not to panic.  Wesley was in San Jose for 2 days of training.  My mom was here, but I had the car .. and I couldn't call her .. she would freak out .. then I would freak out.  I just kept trying to breath.  My midwife said she would have to do an ultrasound.

As she brought the ultrasound machine in, I felt at peace before she even put the "goo" on me. I knew everything would be okay. And it was. There was the baby, moving around with a perfect heartbeat.

I guess there is nothing boring about a pregnancy after all.

1 comment:

  1. Trust is not boring ;.)

    Love is unbelievable at times, but He knows each of us and He will always be there for each of us, if we will just Trust, Believe, and listen to his guidance each and every day.

    love you tons,
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete