Sunday, November 18, 2012

Part 5: Halloween

The night of October 30th, I got about 2 hours of sleep.

I had contractions ALL night long. 

Some were 5 minutes apart, some 20.  Around 2am, they just stopped all together and I fell asleep. 

I woke up Halloween morning thinking, "I am definitely going to have this baby today!"


I got up and got this cute cowgirl dressed for school.



Someone please buy this girl a horse.  She needs one.

She makes one adorable cowgirl.


Zach wanted to come out and be in the pictures.  He was still in his jammies.

The rest of the day went on without a single contraction.  I was SO irritated.

I went to my Chiropractic appointment in the morning and then right afterwards I had an appointment with my midwife.  I was bound and determined to get her to "strip my membranes".  Once I got there, she checked me and I was dialated to a 1.  1?  Ugh.  She also said the baby was up really high still.  I told her I would love to get my membranes stripped and she said she doesn't like to do that because it could cause infection, I could be in labor for a really long time if my body wasn't ready .. blah, blah, blah.  I was annoyed.  I was so ready to have this baby!

She scheduled me for a non-stress test for the following Monday and then another appointment with her the next Wednesday.  Excuse me?  Another week!?  I have to be pregnant for another WEEK!? 

I don't think so.


While I was making dinner that night ... I definitely started going into labor.  I'm not going into too much detail, but stuff started happening .. and leaking out of me .. too much info?  Yeah.  I thought so.

I got excited and I decided to go out Trick or Treating with the kids.  Wesley and I walked them around the court and then the block.  I had contractions the whole time, but nothing consistent.


We got home and poured our candy all over the floor and started eating it right away.

I got the kids to bed and then put myself to bed around 8:30.  I was exhausted from being up the night before and I was still annoyed that I wasn't in full-on labor. 

I fell right to sleep and woke up around 11pm in a lot of pain. 

Good pain. 

Labor pain.

2 comments:

  1. Yay! Boy, you really know how to drag on a story! I'm at the edge of my seat waiting for more! :0) SO excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really know how to make people wait, don't you???? At this rate, Avery will be a year old before we get the whole story!!! Lol...just kidding :) I love all the details...and can't wait to see the sweet result of all that hard work and waiting!!!

    ReplyDelete