Saturday, November 17, 2012

Part 4: The Belly

The Baby Belly!

I never was able to find time to get Wesley to take some nice pictures of me and my belly.

So .. all of these phone camera photos will have to do.


I really do love being pregnant.  I am very blessed with "easy" pregnancies and I love sporting the bump.



Interesting fact: Strangers do NOT ever come up to me and ask if they can touch my belly.  No one ever touches it.  It's weird.  A lot of people complain about that happening to them, but it's never happened to me.

Maybe I'm not that approachable?





I don't mind people touching it.

I love it when Wesley rubs my belly. 





It made a great "shelf" at the end of my pregnancy.  Perfect for holding my cereal bowl .. ice cream bowl .. any type of bowl.







This was my last belly shot - I took it on Halloween.  I felt ready to pop.  Avery came out less than 12 hours after I took this picture.


Right in the middle of my pregnancy, we went in for the "big" ultrasound .. the one where you usually find out the gender of your baby.  We decided we wanted it to be a surprise.  We have a boy and a girl already .. and all our kids are born in the Fall .. so we had everything we needed. 

When we were at the Ultrasound, the technician asked if we wanted to know the gender.  I looked at Wesley and asked, "Do we?".  I secretly hoped that he would change his mind and ask to know the gender.

He didn't.

Overall, it was fun having it be a surprise.  I thought it was a girl and Wesley thought it was a boy.  Zachary thought it was a boy too.

Mallory, on the other hand, thought it was twins.  We kept telling her there was only one baby, but she insisted on wanting a brother AND a sister.  Greedy girl.



2 comments:

  1. Great pictures ;.)

    Wow, Avery looked very ready in your last photo ;.)

    love you,
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete